Can I Mix You a Drink?: A Cocktail Book of 50 Drink Recipes Inspired by T-Pain's Music (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Can I Mix You A Drink? is a high-end liquor guide inspired by Grammy Award-winning Platinum artist T-Pain's hit songs, blending innovative drinks with humorous anecdotes that only T-Pain can deliver.
In 2007, "rappa ternt sanga" T-Pain released his hit single "Can I Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')," propelling the artist to mainstream royalty. Since then, the Tallahassee, Florida native has secured his position as one of the most successful and diverse hip-hop artists in the world. It all started, really, with a song about liquor. T-Pain's extensive career has been punctuated by libations. It's been a part of his music, his business acumen (having secured a number of ambassador deals with liquor brands like Jose Cuervo), and his overall persona. Now, T-Pain brings his love of mixology and music in book form, titled Can I Mix You A Drink? Working with Mixologist Maxwell Britten, former Bar Director to Brooklyn's James Beard Award Winning Maison Premiere, T-Pain sets cocktails to music. Each drink has been carefully curated to reflect a sentiment from one of his hit songs. Drink by drink, T-Pain explores levels of new flavors (and potencies) to create a work that can be used for parties, local bars, pre-gaming before the club, or even just a quiet night at home. It's nearly impossible not to hear T-Pain's music and sense of humor as you read through the black and gold pages. Each drink is uniquely curated and titled after a T-Pain song. Considering T-Pain is known for unorthodox mixes in his music, expect the same from his drinks, along with some classic cocktails modified by T-Pain himself. The book is woven together with anecdotes from T-Pain about his life and lessons while inebriated, offering an irresistibly hilarious take on a mixology book experience. The faux leather hard cover is laced in gold foil with an embossed monogram of T-Pain himself, and each glossy page brings high-end drink photography that matches the caliber of the drink recipes. Whether you're a fan of T-Pain or a fan of drink-making, Can I Mix You A Drink? is the cocktail book for you.
About the Author
• "takes great care in offering a variety of upscale alcoholic beverages and their detailed methodologies within its jet-black pages." SLATE
• "carries the whiff of memoir, using drinking as a lens for T-Pain to share his story and trace how his relationship with alcohol developed in parallel with his career." HIGH SNOBIETY
• "an exploration of new flavors to create delicious, unconventional recipes that can be used for parties, pre-games, or a quiet night in." BILLBOARD
• “funny, unpretentious takes on cocktails...Not only would I let T-Pain buy me a drank, but he can certainly mix me one too.” NYLON
• “For any fan of T-Pain ....this is the perfect opportunity to get a sip of his world. The book combines new and classic recipes, so it works for novices and experts alike.” THRILLIST
• “blends music making and drink making in “Can I Mix You a Drink?” ... from the slick black pages.” THE ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION
• "beautifully photographed, hit-filled cocktail guide is the perfect vehicle." FOREWORD REVIEWS
• “something different and, .... an opportunity for artistic synergy.” GRUBSTREET
• “It's nearly impossible not to hear T-Pain's music as you read through the drinks and their unique combinations and names.” MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
• “By the end, you'll have gained some insights into T-Pain.. he really just wants you to have a drink, be cool, and enjoy yourself. URBAN DADDY